We are open from 9am-5pm every day.
- Washington Pass is OPEN!! This means we all have thousands of acres of great corn skiing right out your car door!
- Great biking can be found around the valley including the Rendevous Basin trails and all of what were the winter nordic trails.
- Local crags in Mazama are ready for climbing. Prospector is still a bit drippy but all other sport climbing spots are dry and ready. We have the Mazama Rock book available too!
- Check out the new Okanogan County Activities website - it has lots of cool info about what to do while in the area: www.okanoganoutdoors.org
Spring at the Goat's Beard
- We have new Spring product arriving daily so come by to see the latest in apparel and gear!
- Skiing the Birthday Tour this spring? We rent everything you need for your backcountry adventure. Packages begin at $65/day
- We rent climbing shoes, helmets, and ice axes for some adventure climbing.
- We have our rental bike fleet tuned up and ready for riding around Mazama.
Methow Trails Sunflower Marathon and Relay
- The Goat's Beard and Mazama Store are the title sponsors of the 2015 Sunflower Relay on Saturday May 9!
- Check out the event at :http://www.methowtrails.org/events/calendar-events/sunflower-relay
- Race Packet Pick-up will be at the Mazama Store courtyard on Friday May 8 from 4-7
- We will be offerering racers a delicious lasagna dinner for purchase along with beer on tap the evening of the 8th so come to Mazama and load up before the race!
*** Mazama Rock is BACK IN PRINT ***
Bryan Burdo's Guide Book, Mazama Rock, A Vertical Paradise, is now available on our website in the Online Store. After a three year wait, the 2008 guide is available again. Bryan has promised us a Rakkup guide for all of the new local routes by May 2015 so keep checking in with us for new route info.
Welcome to Goat’s Beard Mountain Supplies, Mazama Washington’s newest (and only!) outdoor supply shop. We are conveniently located next to the Mazama Store at the northern end of the Methow Valley at the base of Washington Pass with fantastic access to some of the best hiking, climbing, camping, and biking found in Washington’s North Cascades.
We focus on providing the best information on local activities, conditions, climbing beta, and equipment through our incredibly friendly and knowledgeable staff. When we're not in the store we are usually out having fun in the backcountry using what we sell. We take great pride in helping our customers select the right gear for their needs and product knowledge is a key element.
We welcome you to stop in to visit our charming cabin-turned-shop or call to discuss your outdoor recreation plans. Mazama is a small and friendly mountain town and we want to share our special home with you.
We carry a full line of the best equipment to meet your outdoor recreation needs along with the knowledge and willingness to help you determine what is best for you. See the list of brands we carry. Whether you are here to hike through meadows of wild flowers, climb alpine rock on Liberty Bell, sport climb at Fun Rock, bike the endless local trails, or simply camp at the edge of the Methow River, we have what you need to make your day perfect.