We will be open from 9am-5pm every day and usually 8-6 on weekends.
- Winter is here with a solid platform for nordic on the valley floor and plenty of snow up high for backcountry skiing.
- Methow Trails has begun grooming the nordic trails. Check with us or their website for updated trail conditions.
- Backcountry skiing is on at the higher elevations with variable conditions.
- Highway 20 is closed at the Early Winters Gate.
Winter at the Goat's Beard
- We have a great selection of Cross Country ski packages for the local nordic trails - both rentals and retail.
- We will have fat bikes for rent - stay tuned as we hope to get our bikes in stock in the next couple weeks..
- We have Washington's best offering for backcountry skiing and riding anywhere east of the Cascades including:
- Skis from DPS, Voile, Dynafit and Ski Logik with bindings from Dynafit, Black Diamond, Voile, and G3
- Boots from Scarpa, Dynafit, and Black Diamond
- Split Boards from Voile
- Float Packs from BCA
- Full backcountry rental packages with 2015 ski equipment starts at $65/day
- Snow shoe rentals
- We also have the best local ski shop offering services including binding mounts, skin trims, tunes, and air refills for float and Mammut cartridges
- We have a backcountry demo program where you can rent up to 3 different types of skis and deduct the rental costs from the purchase of a package. We also offer 15% off the purchase of a package that includes 3 or more items (i.e. skis, boots, bindings, skins, poles, beacons, packs)
*** Mazama Rock is BACK IN PRINT ***
Bryan Burdo's Guide Book, Mazama Rock, A Vertical Paradise, is now available on our website in the Online Store. After a three year wait, the 2008 guide is available again. Bryan has promised us a supplement with lots of new climbs around the Methow before the end of summer so keep checking in with us for new route info.
Welcome to Goat’s Beard Mountain Supplies, Mazama Washington’s newest (and only!) outdoor supply shop. We are conveniently located next to the Mazama Store at the northern end of the Methow Valley at the base of Washington Pass with fantastic access to some of the best hiking, climbing, camping, and biking found in Washington’s North Cascades.
We focus on providing the best information on local activities, conditions, climbing beta, and equipment through our incredibly friendly and knowledgeable staff. When we're not in the store we are usually out having fun in the backcountry using what we sell. We take great pride in helping our customers select the right gear for their needs and product knowledge is a key element.
We welcome you to stop in to visit our charming cabin-turned-shop or call to discuss your outdoor recreation plans. Mazama is a small and friendly mountain town and we want to share our special home with you.
We carry a full line of the best equipment to meet your outdoor recreation needs along with the knowledge and willingness to help you determine what is best for you. See the list of brands we carry. Whether you are here to hike through meadows of wild flowers, climb alpine rock on Liberty Bell, sport climb at Fun Rock, bike the endless local trails, or simply camp at the edge of the Methow River, we have what you need to make your day perfect.