Open 9-5 Daily
Upper Methow Valley Conditions as of July 25, 2014
- All effects of Carlton Complex Fire have been alleviated in the Upper Methow Valley where we have power restored and are back to normal operations. Thanks to all the fire fighters and utility workers for taking care of our friends down valley!
- All high country hikes are passable! You will encounter some snow at higher elevations, but the flowers are blooming and it is perfect hiking season.
- Hart's Pass Rd is open all the way to Slate Peak and the PCT is passable both north and south with some snow patches.
- All of the local bike rides are ready although you will encounter some snow below Cutthroat Pass. Angel's Staircase is also reported as passable with some snow.
- West Fork of the Methow trail is only open for approximately 2 miles where a massive avalanche deposited trees over the trail for several hundred yards.
- Climbers will find all of the alpine routes on WA pass dry and most approaches are dry as well. Ice axes can be left at home!
- Water levels are coming down on the upper Methow so Kayaking and rafting are almost done from the Lost River to Winthrop.
Bike Rentals - Ride right from our shop
- We have mountain, hybrid, and fat bikes available for rental. $25 for half day and $35 for full day.
- Burly Trailer makes going with the little one possible! $15 for half day and $20 for full day.
*** Mazama Rock Climbing Guide Book ***
Bryan Burdo's Guide Book, Mazama Rock, A Vertical Paradise, is out of print. However, see our Climbing Beta link for info! We would like to thank Bryan for allowing us to publish this definitive guide to the local climbing crags in Mazama on our site. Stop by the shop for printouts of the book. Although it is out of print, we have scanned sections and sell printouts by crag.
Super Topo Washington Pass
An all new guide book for the climbing routes on Washington Pass has arrived! This guide will be THE definitive guide book for climbers on the pass. For the first time, we have great beta and topos for every route on Washington Pass in one, well written, accurate book. It covers Cutthroat Peak and the Silverstar areas in addition to the Liberty Bell group.
Welcome to Goat’s Beard Mountain Supplies, Mazama Washington’s newest (and only!) outdoor supply shop. We are conveniently located next to the Mazama Store at the northern end of the Methow Valley at the base of Washington Pass with fantastic access to some of the best hiking, climbing, camping, and biking found in Washington’s North Cascades.
We focus on providing the best information on local activities, conditions, climbing beta, and equipment through our incredibly friendly and knowledgeable staff. When we're not in the store we are usually out having fun in the backcountry using what we sell. We take great pride in helping our customers select the right gear for their needs and product knowledge is a key element.
We welcome you to stop in to visit our charming cabin-turned-shop or call to discuss your outdoor recreation plans. Mazama is a small and friendly mountain town and we want to share our special home with you.
We carry a full line of the best equipment to meet your outdoor recreation needs along with the knowledge and willingness to help you determine what is best for you. See the list of brands we carry. Whether you are here to hike through meadows of wild flowers, climb alpine rock on Liberty Bell, sport climb at Fun Rock, bike the endless local trails, or simply camp at the edge of the Methow River, we have what you need to make your day perfect.