We will be open from 9am-5pm every day through March 16. We will be closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays from March 17-April 8.
- Winter is waning and spring is approaching with warm daytime temperatures.
- Methow trails will groom through March 15. Check their website www.methowtrails.org for more info.
- Backcountry skiing is done at lower elevations. Hwy 20 is still closed at the Early Winters Gate so a snowmobile is required to access skiing.
- WS DOT crews will probably begin working on clearing snow in late March or early April. Low snow levels should mean opening before the end of April.
- Local crags in Mazama are mostly snow free. Climbers will find dry conditions on the Sun Slab at Fun Rock as well as at the Matrix and Europa. Even Prime Rib is climbable with only small amounts of snow on ledges.
- Biking is available on roads now and, after March 15, all nordic trails will be available for fat bikes. Stop by to rent a fat bike for awesome spring riding!
Spring at the Goat's Beard
- We have a great selection of Cross Country ski packages for the local nordic trails - both rentals and retail.
- We have fat bikes for rent - $35 for 4 hours or $45 for a full day.
- Heli skiing with North Cascades Heli? We rent BCA Float packs for $50/day.
- Skiing the Birthday Tour this spring? We rent everything you need for your backcountry adventure. Packages begin at $65/day
- We rent climbing shoes, helmets, and ice axes for some adventure climbing.
*** Mazama Rock is BACK IN PRINT ***
Bryan Burdo's Guide Book, Mazama Rock, A Vertical Paradise, is now available on our website in the Online Store. After a three year wait, the 2008 guide is available again. Bryan has promised us a Rakkup guide for all of the new local routes by May 2015 so keep checking in with us for new route info.
Welcome to Goat’s Beard Mountain Supplies, Mazama Washington’s newest (and only!) outdoor supply shop. We are conveniently located next to the Mazama Store at the northern end of the Methow Valley at the base of Washington Pass with fantastic access to some of the best hiking, climbing, camping, and biking found in Washington’s North Cascades.
We focus on providing the best information on local activities, conditions, climbing beta, and equipment through our incredibly friendly and knowledgeable staff. When we're not in the store we are usually out having fun in the backcountry using what we sell. We take great pride in helping our customers select the right gear for their needs and product knowledge is a key element.
We welcome you to stop in to visit our charming cabin-turned-shop or call to discuss your outdoor recreation plans. Mazama is a small and friendly mountain town and we want to share our special home with you.
We carry a full line of the best equipment to meet your outdoor recreation needs along with the knowledge and willingness to help you determine what is best for you. See the list of brands we carry. Whether you are here to hike through meadows of wild flowers, climb alpine rock on Liberty Bell, sport climb at Fun Rock, bike the endless local trails, or simply camp at the edge of the Methow River, we have what you need to make your day perfect.