We will be open from 9am-5pm every day. We shoot for 8-6 but sometimes life gets complicated so give us a call if you know you need us before or after normal hours.
- Mazama is back in the clear from smoke and fires. Cooler temps should make for perfect hiking, backpacking, and climbing weather!
- All high country trails are in good shape and the only current issue is a few flies and mosquitos.
- Mountain biking is prime now with recent rains knocking down the dust.
- West Fork of the Methow still has major avalanche debris 2 miles west of the trailhead making passage very difficult.
- We have created topos for climbers wanting to check out the new sport climbs at Europa and up on WA Pass. Europa has a couple dozen single pitch bolted climbs ranging from 5.6 to 5.12c with most in the 5.9 to 5.10 zone. The new WA Pass climbs are in Spire Gully and the Temple of Doom which both provide for temps 20 degrees cooler than Mazama. There are a total of 20+ single pitch routes ranging from 5.6-5.11+ in an amazing alpine setting. Stop by the GB for your copy.
*** Mazama Rock is BACK IN PRINT ***
Bryan Burdo's Guide Book, Mazama Rock, A Vertical Paradise, is now available on our website in the Online Store. After a three year wait, the 2008 guide is available again. Bryan has promised us a supplement with lots of new climbs around the Methow before the end of summer so keep checking in with us for new route info.
Super Topo Washington Pass
An all new guide book for the climbing routes on Washington Pass has arrived! This guide will be THE definitive guide book for climbers on the pass. For the first time, we have great beta and topos for every route on Washington Pass in one, well written, accurate book. It covers Cutthroat Peak and the Silverstar areas in addition to the Liberty Bell group.
Welcome to Goat’s Beard Mountain Supplies, Mazama Washington’s newest (and only!) outdoor supply shop. We are conveniently located next to the Mazama Store at the northern end of the Methow Valley at the base of Washington Pass with fantastic access to some of the best hiking, climbing, camping, and biking found in Washington’s North Cascades.
We focus on providing the best information on local activities, conditions, climbing beta, and equipment through our incredibly friendly and knowledgeable staff. When we're not in the store we are usually out having fun in the backcountry using what we sell. We take great pride in helping our customers select the right gear for their needs and product knowledge is a key element.
We welcome you to stop in to visit our charming cabin-turned-shop or call to discuss your outdoor recreation plans. Mazama is a small and friendly mountain town and we want to share our special home with you.
We carry a full line of the best equipment to meet your outdoor recreation needs along with the knowledge and willingness to help you determine what is best for you. See the list of brands we carry. Whether you are here to hike through meadows of wild flowers, climb alpine rock on Liberty Bell, sport climb at Fun Rock, bike the endless local trails, or simply camp at the edge of the Methow River, we have what you need to make your day perfect.